About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, April 25, 2024

Birthday Wrap-Up

 I can't believe my little boy is now double digits. Yesterday was spent spoiling and doting our Hamlet. I treated him to 'McDelivery' as a special lunch treat, thoroughly blowing his mind. In the evening we went out for Hibachi, a family favorite, before unwrapping presents and lighting up the ice cream cake. Timmy smiled throughout the day and was absolutely delighted with his surprises. 

Because of Timmy's broken arm, selecting a birthday gift was difficult. Anything sport or outdoor related would not have been fun to receive because he won't be able to use it for at least 6 weeks. After a lot of thought and research, we decided to give Timmy his own cell phone.

The phone has every parental control activated and it is highly monitored, but Timmy is delighted to be able to text his friends and family. He immediately squealed with excitement over the idea that he can text Robby when he is in college next year. I think that the direct connection through texting may help make the transition easier next year. As an added bonus, I was elevated to "World's Best Momom" over the gift.

Timmy's birthday officially marks the beginning of my busy season. This weekend we'll be working at AwesomeCon before Robby heads off to his prom. I can't believe it is already time for prom! This year has gone so quickly. At this point, time is not my friend because I am running out of it. My goodness I have so much to do before next autumn.



No comments:

Post a Comment