About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, April 29, 2024

P R O M

 This past weekend has been busy albeit quasi-productive. I needed an additional day (or two) if I were to accomplish everything that I had on my to-do list, but unfortunately the calendar does not follow my needs. I am becoming better at reducing my own expectations but I am still frustrated that I didn't get more done despite being constantly busy.

On Saturday I spent the afternoon selling FlexyFriends at a woefully under-attended event. The hours moved slow as I sat in a vending hall with fellow exhibitors patiently waiting for people who never showed up. Because the crowds never materialized, I didn't feel guilty packing up and heading home an hour early. Leaving early allowed me to help Robby get ready for prom, which was a far better use of my time than sitting around waiting for non-sales.

As Robby was dressing he remembered that we never picked up cuff links for his new shirt. Semi-panicked, he hopped onto the computer and 3d printed a pair of Batman cuff links for prom. They printed in 14 minutes and worked like a charm!  

Decked out in a new suit and cool new cuff links, Robby headed out for prom. He had a fabulous time! He danced and laughed throughout the night with his friends. I know that it was a night that he will always remember, and I'm glad that I was able to see him before he left. 

Yesterday I spent the day cleaning, working and organizing around the house. I probably would have accomplished more had my leg been cooperative, but three separate sores have conspired against my mobility. My limb is not happy right now despite being covered in blister Band-Aids.  I really don't have the time to handle limb issues.






 

No comments:

Post a Comment