About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, May 02, 2024

Dumpster

 Welcome to May!

Ready or not, my month of chaos and change has begun. I have no illusions about the weeks ahead. The days are going to be busy and emotional as we prepare for graduations, birthdays and retirements. As somebody who does not readily embrace change, the next weeks are going to beat me into submission. 

It feels appropriate that our dumpster was delivered yesterday. I was gobsmacked by the level of my own enthusiasm as I saw the beast being backed into our driveway. I legit giggled and squealed like a girl at a Backstreet Boys concert when I realized the amount of junk we were going to be able to purge from our home. After living here for nearly 2 decades we have accumulated an obscene amount of stuff. 

From baby toys to broken bed frames, every recess in our house has been utilized for storage. It will be really nice to get some breathing room back, even if it is in preparation for a move. I thought it might be difficult to get rid of the baby items but I'm ready. I realized that by the time I will need another pack and play I am sure the one I saved will be eroded. I'm also sure that the technology and safety features will be vastly different than my decades old version that was stowed in a dank garage. 

Scott, Robby and I immediately began to toss the junk into the dumpster. We have two weeks to purge 2 decades of crap. I think this is a challenge we are up to.

Maybe this is what 50 will be like- becoming overly enthusiastic about trash removal?


No comments:

Post a Comment