About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, May 06, 2024

Family Co-Op

We have been selling our FlexyFriends at weekend pop-ups with more frequency because we discovered that it is an amazing vehicle to help pay for Robby's college tuition. Although it is a lot of work, our little family business has become a true collective effort. Everybody, including Timmy, has assumed responsibility for keeping the printers going throughout the day so that we can maximize production. 

Scott, Robby and I are responsible for sales. (Timmy is not quite ready to work the table, but he is getting there.) Usually Scott and I try to split the weekends so that we each have a little break. Sometimes it works and somebody gets to rest. Sometimes we are both working. This past weekend, I was the beneficiary of a much needed break. I helped on Saturday but I enjoyed a Sunday at home with Timmy while Robby and Scott were at the mall. 

Timmy and I spent Sunday baking cookies, painting real flags for his imaginary game and taking Friend on long walks. He has become antsy since his arm has been in the cast for nearly a month. I know that he really wants to run and play. Although we keep trying to come up with engaging and exciting sedentary activities, nothing is fully satisfying my little explorer. 

Hopefully his arm heals quickly because summer boredom is going to be a real issue!

No comments:

Post a Comment