About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, May 07, 2024

Hives

 My day was thrown into disarray when Timmy woke up and I discovered that he was covered with inflamed and angry hives. We can't pinpoint the cause but the result left little to the imagination. My little Hamlet was an itchy and miserable mess. Instead of easing back into the school week, I was pulling him out of class every hour so that I could ointment and monitor his hives. Considering that he was dosed with Benadryl, he did a great job staying away and paying attention throughout the school day.

Because we couldn't determine the cause of his reaction, Scott and I spent several hours deep cleaning Timmy's bedroom. We washed all of his sheets and blankets, thoroughly vacuumed the floor and wiped down his shelves. Hopefully our efforts eliminated whatever caused him to flare up. 

Between monitoring Timmy and chauffeuring Robby to and from his classes, I was busy throughout the day. I'm glad I was able to rest a little on Sunday because this week is going to be full-steam ahead through the weekend. Of course, everything depends on Timmy's health. 

Fingers crossed that he wakes up hive free!

No comments:

Post a Comment