About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, August 10, 2026

Idiots

 For the first time in nearly 15 years, I am now cooking on a fully functioning cooktop. In our previous house, the back burner never worked correctly. When we moved into this home, I quickly learned that the front burner only worked on what we quickly dubbed 'burn your face off mode.' I'm used to adapting, so purchasing a new cooktop was never a top priority.

Last weekend our stovetop stopped working entirely, prompting a new purchase. Despite issues and confusion over our electricity, the appliance was installed on Saturday. My goodness it looks pretty in my kitchen, and having four fully-functioning burners feels like an exciting novelty.  To our delight, the 'power boil' feature does actually boil water nearly 3 minutes faster than its counterpart. (We spent Saturday night boiling water with timers.)

Yesterday morning Scott and I were awoken to the sound of Timmy vomiting. Initially worried that he was ill, we quickly realized that he had eaten too many Spicy Nacho Doritos before going to bed, and they did not sit well. Unfortunately he did not make it to the bathroom, and deposited bright orange nacho cheese vomit in the center of his large floor rug.

After getting Timmy settled, Scott and I moved the furniture off of the rug and lugged it outside to rinse it down with the hose. It was as we were schlepping the heavy, dripping wet area rug to lay it out to dry in the sun, I realized that we are complete idiots.  

We could have just used the carpet cleaner.  Neither Scott nor I thought of it. Instead, we created a lot of work for ourselves.

For those who are asking, I still haven't heard about the license issue.  Fingers crossed. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment