About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, January 20, 2011

My Fashionista

This has been a laid back week. Poor Robby is still fighting off pneumonia, although he's been on antibiotics for a week and is still running a fever. He is taking frequent naps and doesn't want to do anything overtly strenuous. (I hate to admit that I have enjoyed his sudden return to napping, but it makes me sad that it is due to illness.) He seems content playing with his cars and watching them crash.

I should have been using this time to work on my mounting home to-do list. Instead I've been just as content sitting on the couch, watching television with him, and working on the computer. I am sure that when Robby is back up to full steam I will be kicking myself for not being more productive during my brief reprieve!

Out of desperation, I finally turned the channel from cartoons. If I heard "Who Lives in a Pineapple Under the Sea" one more time I was going to run out of the room screaming. I tuned in "Say Yes to the Dress" thinking that a show about wedding dresses would bore Robby, perhaps lulling him off to another nap.

Who would have thought that my little four year old boy would unclench his matchbox cars and become enthralled with the show! I was surprised by his discriminating eye as he was providing his own critiques. I simply agreed when he looked up at me and in a sweet little voice said, "Momom, that dress makes her bum look too big. I liked the other one because her boobies are prettier." Typical male observation!

I have to admit that Say Yes to the Dress is one of my guilty pleasures. I love curling up on Friday nights with a bowl of ice cream to watch arrogant brides throw tantrums and cry. Some of the dresses are beautiful, but I can't fathom spending $10,000 on a garment that will only be worn for a few hours.

The show does make me dream though. Every Friday night I seem to dream of walking down the aisle wearing a flowing gown. I have written before about my desire for a wedding re-do and the show solidifies those feelings. If we ever do renew our vows, I think I'll take Robby dress shopping with me. I know he'll tell me if my bum looks too big in the gown!

No comments:

Post a Comment