About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, August 19, 2016

Decompressing

After weeks of fretting and more hours than I care to admit preparing, my presentation is now over.  I am happy to report that my hard work paid off and the presentation went well. I think that everybody not only enjoyed themselves but walked away with a little more knowledge and motivation to continue pressing advocacy efforts forward. As soon as I closed my computer to leave I felt a surge of relief, quickly followed by an overwhelming fatigue.

If Timmy had cooperated I am fairly certain that I could have slept through the afternoon. My little Hamlet would have nothing to do with rest, and was instead a bundle of energy and happiness. Eventually his giggles (and a few cups of coffee) helped to combat my fatigue.  With a nap off the table, I spent the remainder of the day playing and just enjoying the moment.

Scott and Robby were so involved with their own activities that neither seemed to bat an eye at me being gone for the night. Of course, neither seemed to care that I was going away so I'm not sure why I was surprised by our dismal reunion. Sigh. I miss the days when Robby was happy to see me come home.  Now I am greeted with an obligatory "hey" when I return. It is nice to be greeted with giggles, laughter, jumps of joy and an applause from Timmy.

This weekend is packed with family adventures, starting with a trip to the fair tonight. I have a feeling that Timmy is going to be awestruck by the lights, smells and sounds. I can't wait to witness his reaction.  I'm sure another project will drop into my lap soon so I wanted to take full advantage of the down time.  It isn't often that I have a weekend with nothing to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment