About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, January 13, 2017

Feeling OLD

I am so relieved that today is Friday. I don't have exciting plans for the long weekend; perhaps the fact that I am lacking any plans at all is the reason I am excited. We have been in constant motion for so long that the prospect of just staying still and being quiet at home sounds like a vacation. There is a slew of housework that I can finish this weekend, but I am leaning towards letting the dust bunnies breed for awhile so I can veg out on the couch and watch movies with the kids.

I don't know why this week has felt like an eternity. Timmy has been a handful, testing my patience and requiring constant attention. I know that much of his behavior is a combination of both his age and to a reaction to his medication, but he has left me completely drained at the end of each day. He is lucky that he is cute and endearing, because that is probably the only saving grace keeping me from the brink of insanity.

The past few days have reminded me that I'm not a young mom. I'm middle aged, and I feel every bit of my 42 years. I can't help but wonder if I was younger, and if I had my biological foot, that maybe I wouldn't be so tired at the end of each day. Of course, both ideas are silly to entertain because neither situation can be rectified. Trying to look on the positive, at least I am able to bring experience and perspective to motherhood. Hopefully that will make up for the exhaustion!


A photo posted by Peggy Friedman Chenoweth (@amputeemommy) on



A photo posted by Peggy Friedman Chenoweth (@amputeemommy) on

No comments:

Post a Comment