About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, January 12, 2017

Hiding Mode

This week seems to be moving at a snail's pace. I'm not sure why I'm so anxious for Friday to arrive, but for some reason I'm really looking forward to the weekend. I find myself hoping for cold weather so that I can curl up in front of the fireplace while Timmy is playing with his trains. I think I just want to retreat and hibernate for awhile, and it is more socially acceptable to hide over a long weekend than it is during the work week. 

Today the weather is supposed to be unseasonably warm, which should make my little Timmy happy. He loves little more than running around outside, getting covered with dirt and exploring everything around him. I just love his little spirit, and this developmental age is so much fun. Tantrums aside, I adore watching him grow and learn as he is making new discoveries daily. Everything excites him, and through his eyes the mundane is magical.

If the afternoon is as beautiful as promised, I'm going to surprise the boys by taking them to the park after we pick up Robby from school. Today should be the perfect day for Robby to get some drone flying practice under his belt, and I'm sure that Timmy will love watching and cheering. If I can't hibernate and hide away, going to the park with my kids is probably the next best thing. When I am with them, I'm able to disconnect from all of the stresses and anxiety that normally taunt me throughout the day. I'm able to just be in the moment, and be happy. Right now, that's exactly what I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment