About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, October 27, 2017

Off to Pumpkinville (again)

Oh my goodness this has been a long week. The trip to New York certainly through me off schedule, and I've been playing catch up ever since I returned. I'm looking forward to a few days of a more relaxed schedule so I can try to get back on track. I feel like I've been spinning my wheels just to stay afloat.

Today will not be resting but instead we will be playing. Scott and Robby are enjoying their first official vacation day of the school year. On one hand it is hard to believe that the school year is 25% over, but at the same time it feels like an eternity since the first day of school.  We are desperately overdue for a family fun day and we plan on making the most of today. I think we are all in need of a day untethered from technology and the stresses of life.

After an IHOP breakfast we will be headed to Pumpkinville. Robby has been eager to go for weeks, and Timmy will be excited by proxy.  Because we have a yearly pass Timmy and I have already been to Pumpkinville this year. Even though it won't be new to him, I'm sure Timmy will relish the opportunity to play with his brother and Daddy at the autumnal extravaganza. After all, there is nothing better than playing outside with his big brother.

Tonight Robby has a costume Halloween party, another event he has been looking forward to for weeks. After spending the afternoon playing outside and going to a party tonight I expect he will sleep well. If only his brother would follow his lead!


No comments:

Post a Comment