About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, July 26, 2018

Sand and Surf

Oh my goodness, traveling with kids is stressful!  Between breaking up fights and trying to keep Timmy occupied and happy on the flight, by the time we finally arrived at our destination Scott and I were ready for a nap. Of course the kids wanted nothing to do with relaxing and were  ready to hit the surf. 

Playing in the ocean is not among my favorite activities. I don't like having critters swim by my legs, getting sand in my prosthesis and other sensitive regions and getting knocked off balance by waves. But being with the boys when they are squealing with delight is my favorite thing in the world, so we dropped our bags in our room, changed into our swim gear and headed to the beach.  

Frustrated by the sand that compacts into the front of my foot shell, last night I have broke down and removed it completely. I realize an that walking without a foot shell is not recommended (don't do it, it will void your warranty), but my swim leg is well past its prime and I am in need of a new one anyway. I don't want to spend the next 10 days battling sand in the plastic foot, so I decided to make it easier on myself by removing the issue entirely.  

Today will be spent alternating between the beach and the pool. Hopefully I'll be able to unwind and decompress. Unfortunately my stress levels are still high (a reality that is also stressing me out). 

No comments:

Post a Comment