About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Vacation Time

Our bags are packed and we're ready to go to Florida. 

To say that my boys are excited is an understatement.  Timmy is delighted by the promise of going on an airplane and playing on the beach. Robby is chomping at the bit to hop into the ocean and he is counting the hours until his Sea Turtle Internship begins. Scott and I are already tired from trying to wrangle and contain both of them.

Yesterday morning I woke up early to finish some projects before packing for the trip. In between conference calls and finalizing a report I pulled clothes and organized piles for everybody. I was quasi-impressed with my multitasking!

Despite my detailed lists, it took me forever to get everybody packed. Halfway through we realized that we were going to need to break down and pay to check another bag. We tried to fit everything into one checked bag and our backpacks, but we were just inviting both injury and frustrations. As much as I despise checked bag fees, paying now is a better option than struggling for the day.  

This morning we will head to the airport and fly to Fort Lauderdale. I can't wait to see my boys playing in the sun and surf. Wish us luck as we maneuver through the airports today!

No comments:

Post a Comment