About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, August 27, 2018

Farm Fun

The weather was ideal on Saturday, so we decided to take full advantage of the rain respite by going to the farm. Although we had a lot of back-to-school errands to finish, we decided that it would be more fun to play in the sun. We figured we could tackle all of our errands on Sunday when the weather was supposed to be more humid.  Timmy had a fantastic time playing on all of the structures and riding the cow train. The farm is definitely Hamlet's happy place. He has been going there since he was a baby and roams the grounds like a boss.

While Timmy was busy playing, Robby immersed himself in fishing. He was able to pull several large fish from the pond before losing his last hook to a large snapping turtle. Disappointed that his fishing adventure was cut short, he packed up his gear and dedicated the rest of his afternoon to playing with his little brother. (In many ways the farm is magical because both boys get along without scrapping.)

Our plans of tackling our errands on Sunday became complicated when I removed my prosthesis on Saturday night to discover a large sore behind my knee. I didn't feel any pain during the day, but the discomfort increased as the evening wore on. By the time the sun went down, I had my limb wrapped in a cool towel and was feeling worn out on the couch.  It was not a fun way to finish off an otherwise great day.

Sunday my leg still hurt but wearing my prosthesis was manageable.  In an ideal world I would have gone the entire day without donning my prosthesis. But I live in reality, not in the real world.   I did try to minimize the amount of time I wore my leg so that the sore could heal quickly.  I really hate how a small sore can turn well laid plans upside down!






No comments:

Post a Comment