About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Sidelined

For one more day my limb health has stymied my plans. I was hoping to spend yesterday tidying up around the house, working through the laundry and playing outside with Timmy. Instead I ended up on the couch, watching The Polar Express while icing my limb. I hate the vulnerability that I feel whenever I have a prosthetic issue! 

Timmy is now old enough to understand when I need to take it easy and rest, which makes the situation easier. Instead of continuing to run around and throwing tantrums because he can't play outside, his whole demeanor changes when he sees me hobbling around. Now he tries to kiss my boo boos, brings me cups of water and snuggles up next to me to watch his favorite movie. I hate that he has to adjust his schedule because of my issues, but I love the compassion that he is demonstrating.

Hopefully taking another day off and resting has allowed me to heal enough to hobble through today without issue. The sore is now completely closed, and the swelling has gone down considerably. I will still take it easy, but I'm going to try to push myself a little bit today. 

I'm tired of being slowed by my prosthetic issues.  I'm bored of sitting on the couch, and looking around there is so much that needs to be done I'm feeling frustrated. I should also admit that as much as I love Christmas, I might lose my mind if I have to watch the Polar Express again today!

No comments:

Post a Comment