About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, September 20, 2018

Unplugging

With one phone call yesterday morning my plans went from busy to chaotic.  When I wasn't busy with scheduled meetings I was focusing on a single last minute project with an immediate due date. With the majority of my energy focused on the report, I was a great employee but a lousy Mom. Sigh. I guess I can't always strike the perfect balance.

The report was submitted before the deadline, filling me with a sense of relief and elation. Today I'm going to concentrate on the kids as much as possible. They were really good yesterday as I was trying to concentrate and focus and I appreciate their help more than they realize. 

Today I'm going to take the kids to the park this afternoon, and I'll leave my cell phone in the car as we play. Sometimes work projects take priority, but sometimes it is good to unplug and just be a mom. Today will be one of those days! 

No comments:

Post a Comment