About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, September 21, 2018

Weekend Rest

Finally!  

After three consecutive weekends traveling, I am going to be spending this weekend at home. Robby is disappointed because he wants to visit his Nana to meet her new kitten. Sorry Nana, but this Mom isn't going anywhere beyond a twenty-minute circle around my house for the next two days. If I work it correctly, I won't get into a car at all for the next 48 hours!

The reprieve from the travel is a welcome break. I feel like I have been a subpar mom over the past month, constantly tired and playing catch-up with everything. I am looking forward to just relaxing, playing with toys with Timmy and watching BattleBots on the couch with Robby. 

Unfortunately, my break will be short lived. On Monday I pack up and head to the airport again, this time I'm going to a conference in Vancouver for the week. I hate sending Timmy back to my Mom's, but I find solace in the fact that he always has a great time. I am glad that she has my niece and nephews to help wrangle and entertain my little guy, and I know that he will be entertained and loved. 

Hopefully this will be the last work trip and my family can rediscover normal. In the meantime, I'm going to enjoy the quiet weekend at home. I think we all deserve two days of doing absolutely nothing of consequence!

No comments:

Post a Comment