About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Uncrossed t's

Despite my efforts, I didn't move the needle on obtaining my liners. Today I am forced to elevate, which I detest. I wish that receiving my necessary prosthetic supplies could be easy, or at least relatively noneventful!

The constant battle with insurance is exhausting and frustrating. Perhaps more infuriating is the knowledge that I am not alone. Navigating delays and red tape have become the norm for amputees who are constantly fighting to receive basic care. Insurance has turned into an exercise in gotchya, where the adjuster will use any uncrossed t as a reason to withhold services. The system needs to change.

I spent hours making calls, or rather leaving messages because nobody seems to pick up the receiver anymore, and sending emails. Today I am limiting my efforts to calling the attorney before logging off the computer. It is going to be the last nice day for the week and I want to play outside with the boys.  The insurance company can force a battle, but I refuse to allow them to take time away from my kids.  

No comments:

Post a Comment