About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Homestretch

After a fantastic weekend at my Mom's, I'm back to reality in Virginia.  Scott has a few more weeks of work before his summer vacation begins, but there is no doubt that he is in the homestretch of completing year 25.  As soon as the standardized testing is complete, I know that the work stress will begin to lift and the end-of-the-year festivities will commence.

Robby has a smattering of small projects and assignments to finish before 7th grade is officially over. Although he has until the end of June to submit his work, I am pushing for him to finish this week. Being able to visit with his cousins without the pressure of schoolwork will hopefully be the motivation he needs to get to the finish line. 

It's going to be hot again today and I'm hoping that my leg is up to the challenge. My limb did not respond well on Sunday, rendering me virtually immobile yesterday. My leg was swollen and distorted due to swelling, making it extremely painful to wear and to use my prosthesis. Ice packs and rest brought my limb shape back to normal, but I'm worried that this will be a trend for the summer. 

I think I'm going to spend today working the phones, trying to speed up the process for my new liner. I've been dealing with these issues for almost two months, and the delay borders on absurd. 

No comments:

Post a Comment