About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Scaling New Heights

Yesterday I took all the kids, including Timmy, rocking climbing at an indoor facility. Timmy, my niece, and my nephew took to climbing naturally, each one scaling to impressive heights. Robby climbed about two feet off the ground before calling it a day. He has so many wonderful talents and skills; climbing and athletics are not among them.  

Robby has never been daring nor has he ever been particularly athletic. It is fascinating to me how he and Timmy can be so different in these areas. Timmy is my little daredevil, fearless to the point of scaring me while being surprisingly strong and agile for his size. Robby has always been analytical, carefully evaluating and situation and weighing the pros and cons before attempting. I knew that climbing was not going to be his favorite activity, but I also knew that he would go with the flow and figure out a way to have fun. After he abandoned the activity, Robby had a good time cheering on his cousins and his brother. 

After climbing the big kids went geocaching at a local park while Timmy and I rode the little train around the perimeter. Excitedly waving to every passerby who happened to gaze in our direction, Timmy loved the train ride. By the time the ride was over the big kids had unearthed their geocache and we were ready for our final adventure for the day- a ride on the riverboat.  

I was worried that Timmy would become board on the paddleboat cruise, but he was happy and relatively well-behaved. The kids found the boat interesting and, while the ride was not fast nor overly exciting, they had a great time. It was another great day filled with Aunt Peggy's Adventures.











No comments:

Post a Comment