About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, June 08, 2020

Drive-In

This weekend was fun, albeit laid back and way too short. Unlike other days of quarantine, cousintine days seem to fly by. With the house filled with giggling, games and water fun, it is impossible to not feel happy and at peace. 

Sticking with our protocols, we are continuing to self-quarantine. We didn't go out, and all of our adventures were conducted at Nana's house. We engaged in an epic lip sync battle and water gun fights. We also had a great time (especially Timmy) on the Slip 'n Slide. This was his first experience on the slide and he is hooked! For my little adventurer, the Slip 'n Slide reigns supreme right now.

On Sunday the Cousin Crew designed their own flag, which they plan to fly proudly whenever they are all together. Tie-Dyed and filled with memories of adventures, I hope that the pandemic continues to ease so that they can fly it a lot this summer!  

Last night we ventured beyond my Mom's yard for an adventure. I packed up the kids (minus Timmy, who was asleep) and we went to the drive-in movie. The kids had never been to a drive-in and, since we never left the confines of our car, I thought it was the perfect socially distanced activity. 

We saw the movie Goonies, which the kids loved. My niece was surprised that it was in color (she thought 80's movies were considered old) and Robby was impressed that the humor was still relevant. There is nothing like showing your kids a movie from your own childhood to feel old!  We had a great time at the drive-in, and we will definitely be returning this summer.










No comments:

Post a Comment