About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, November 12, 2020

Cheer

Another storm blew through our area, bringing heavy rain and winds throughout the day. Our yard, which had been cleared of leaves over the weekend, is now littered with newly fallen foliage. The trees are almost completely bare now, but our yard is carpeted in colorful colors. Thanks to the rain and frequent storms, our leaf clearing season has been shorter this year. After everything dries out, I think we will only have to clear the leaves one final time this year.

Every season has its own prosthetic perils. In the autumn, I am cautious around leaves and nuts. Last year I slipped in a hole that was covered with leaves and sprained my ankle. I hobbled around for nearly two months while it was healing. Ever since that tumble, I have refused to walk through the yard when it is the grass isn't visible. Hopefully everything dries out quickly so the yard can be cleared this weekend.

While the rain (and leaves) were falling, I took the opportunity to begin to decorate for the holidays. I love all of our little decorations and lighted features. I was going to wait until after Thanksgiving, but I decided to start early because I think we could all use a little cheer. I only tackled a few boxes of decorations, but my house is already becoming a festive wonderland!

No comments:

Post a Comment