About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, November 09, 2020

Leaf Fun

 What a bizarre weekend!

As much as I tried to avoid the news, I found myself glued to the coverage Friday night and Saturday morning. Finally, in an attempt to become productive and to break up our growing anxiety, Scott and I turned off the TV Saturday morning so that we could take our trash to the local dump. By the time we came home, which was only about 15 minutes, the election had been called by all of the major networks. 

Saturday was spent playing outside and enjoying the Biden victory. While I don't agree with all of his policies, I do hope that he will return empathy and decency to the Executive Branch. Hopefully our country will begin to heal, although with the mounting legal accusations, I don't hold expectations that it will happen anytime soon.

On Sunday we were treated to another gorgeous day. With the election anticipation behind us, we were able to log off all electronics and spend several hours in the sunshine. The boys (Robby and Scott) tackled the leaves while Timmy and I put away the Halloween decorations and prepped for Christmas. 

After the leaves were mulched and piled, we took turns jumping into the foliage mountain. I had forgotten how much fun it can be to play in the leaves. My foot shell is packed with crushed leaf bits, but that is a problem I will gladly accept. We had a great time!



No comments:

Post a Comment