About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, December 07, 2020

Gingerbread Houses

Our weekend was relaxed and uneventful. I spent the majority of my time cleaning, working and binging Christmas movies. Even though we didn't go anywhere, it turned out to be a very nice few days. I think I am finally adjusting to staying home (although I still miss our adventures.)

Friday night Timmy curled up on the couch with me to watch the Elf on the Shelf and Polar Express. We had popcorn and created our own movie night adventure. As usual, he chatted throughout the movie. (It is probably a good thing that he can't go to a public movie theater right now. I'm sure his constant chatter would drive other people crazy!) My goodness I love that little guy!

Last night we started a new tradition with a family gingerbread decorating party. I prepared gingerbread houses for everybody, spread candy out on a plate and gave everybody a bag of icing. With Christmas songs blasting in the background, everybody had a great time artfully decorating their house. Even Robby, who blasted the activity as "lame," ended up having fun.

Today we are back to the grind. Circle Time, academics, and work will monopolize the majority of my time. I'll be busy, but I'm getting used to that as well. Have a great week!

 




 


No comments:

Post a Comment