About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, June 24, 2021

Inconvenience

The plumber came yesterday afternoon and diagnosed a leak in the pipe leading into the house. (No surprise since that is what we expected.) Unfortunately, he will have to work from outside the house, which means that digging is involved. Sigh. This is going to be a huge (and unexpected) project. 

Until the issue is fixed, we are only turning on the well pump intermittently. A few times a day we are turning it on so that we can wash dishes, take showers and flush the toilets. Other than those times, the water is turned off. Talk about an inconvenience! 

I keep trying to remind myself that, in the scope of the world, we are fortunate to have leaking pipes and water issues. So many people in the world don't have running water. For too many, my inconvenience of having to turn on the electricity to the pump would be a pure luxury. I'm trying to keep my perspective on my frustrations, but I have to admit that it isn't easy.  

It still stinks!

No comments:

Post a Comment