About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, June 21, 2021

Summer Break (official)

After a not-so-stellar end to the week, this past weekend was exactly what I needed to recharge and recenter. The weather was hot (finally) and we didn't have rain. We had a great time just splashing and playing in the pool through the afternoon. It felt wonderful to be able to unplug and just have fun in the sunshine with my kids. 

Yesterday was Father's Day, a holiday which always feels awkward since my Dad passed away. I miss him all the time, but his absence feels more profound on holidays and during special events. Even though my heart felt felt twangs of grief throughout the day, I did my best to make Scott feel both special and appreciated.

In the morning I helped Timmy prep a special breakfast for his Daddy. Robby grilled the steaks for dinner and I took everybody out for ice cream for dessert. Scott was showered with gifts, love, attention and affection throughout the day. I hope that he felt appreciated because, although he frustrates me at times, he is an awesome Daddy.

Today is the first official day of the boys summer vacation. Both kiddos finished some lingering projects over the weekend, so they are officially done with school. It is hard to believe that Robby wrapped up his freshman year in high school and Timmy is now a kindergarten graduate. I feel relieved to have survived my first year with dual cyber school students.

With everybody now on summer break, I find myself up early and working in the solitude of a quiet house. I know that the day will become loud and hectic when everybody wakes up. Although I'm not a morning person, being able to knock out a few hours of work before the chaos begins makes rolling out of bed worthwhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment