About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, June 08, 2021

Schedule Shift

With the World War II weekend behind us, our family is officially in summer mode. Everything is a little more laid back and relaxed in the summer. Unfortunately, the vacation vibe doesn't really impact me because I'm still working. With everybody home and Timmy wanting to swim his afternoons away, I will be getting up early to tackle work while the boys are still sleeping. Quiet time will be at a premium, so I need to take advantage of every opportunity.

Even though my schedule shifts during the summer, I am looking forward to not having to manage the schoolwork for the boys. Timmy requires a considerable amount of assistance with his work and juggling everything has been stressful. Being able to put the books away for a few months will feel like a vacation!

Yesterday we began our family summer by swimming throughout the afternoon. Timmy and I had a blast in the pool, splashing and playing. We positioned the pool perfectly so that a portion of the water is always in the shade, providing relief from the direct sun. Getting up early will be worth it if I get to swim every afternoon with the kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment