About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, June 10, 2021

Zoom

 Each morning this week I have been logging onto the computer to attend a virtual in-service. I am used to spending a lot of time behind a keyboard, but 4.5 hours of Zooming a day have left me exhausted. The course is interesting, but I have come to realize that I am more of a recluse than I care to admit. After working from home for nearly a decade, I am simply unaccustomed to so much socialization.

Even though I'm tired and at times uncomfortable during the break-out "share" sessions, I am getting a lot out of the class. Unlike in-services that I attended when I was a public school teacher, this course has real-life applications. I'm learning a lot, and if I were honest, being pushed to socialize is probably a good thing too. 

Covid has reinforced my isolation tendencies, but it is time for me to reenter society. Today Scott is taking Robby for his second vaccine, which will make him the third member of our family to have protection from Covid. We will still be cautious because of Timmy, but I am looking forward to a more normal life.

No comments:

Post a Comment