About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, July 27, 2021

Assembly Agreement

Between work, bedroom prep and quality pool time, yesterday was both busy and productive. Per my summer schedule, I woke up early to knock out a few hours before anybody else awoke. I am not a morning person per say, but I am finding value and enjoyment in the solitude of those early hours. Who knows, maybe I am slowly becoming a morning person?

While Robby and Scott finished up his room, Timmy and I spent a few hours playing in the pool. It was hot and muggy but we were cool and comfortable in the water. Timmy has become a strong swimmer this summer. He spends hours swimming to the bottom and performing handstands under water.

Robby's room is emptied and ready for the bed delivery. Today we will work on loft assembly. I am worried that this project may be bigger than we anticipate. I have visions of the bed arriving in multiple small boxes, necessitating detailed directions and dozens of steps. Fingers crossed that the boxes are large and the parts are few!

We are competent with furniture assembly, but it rarely occurs without fighting (and sometimes tears).  After 20 years together, I can guarantee some level of discord during our project. Many years ago Scott and I struck a mutual agreement concerning assembly and home repair projects.  Anything that might be muttered during a project will not be held against the individual, nor will any insults be taken personally. It might sound unromantic, but it works for us.








No comments:

Post a Comment