About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, July 28, 2021

Some Assembly Required

Robby's new bed arrived yesterday. I was optimistic about assembly when the truck dropped off two (albeit large) boxes. I was hoping that fewer boxes meant that it would not require much assembly. When we opened the first box, I knew that my theory was wrong.

The manufacturer managed to fit a lot of pieces into a single box! Scott and Robby unpacked and organized the pieces while I set up Timmy with a bag of Doritos and the SpongeBob Movie. When everything was ready, we started to work. 

Working methodically through the directions, we were making astonishing progress. Robby even boasted that the assembly was much smoother than he anticipated. It was in that moment that I realized that he had jinxed us. We managed to assemble a piece on backwards, forcing us to disassemble 3/4 of everything we had just done.

After reassembling the pieces in the correct orientation, we continued trudging through the project. Three hours later, Robby had a fully assembled teen loft with futon. In reality, it probably should have taken us about 90 minutes but we hit a few "snags."

Even though it took us longer than it should have and involved a few more curse words than I care to admit, the bed assembling project was a success. Now we are just waiting for the futon mattress (sold separately of course) to arrive. In the meantime, we put a twin mattress on the platform so that we could get a feel for the look.  Robby is delighted!



No comments:

Post a Comment