About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, October 06, 2021

Frustrated

Well, Monday wasn't my best day but I made up for it yesterday. Despite being tired because of my battle with leg pain, I managed to remain upbeat and energetic throughout the day. Timmy, probably taking a cue from my positive demeanor, was happy and funny all day. We managed to roll through schoolwork without issues and with no tears. By all accounts, it was a great day.

I am inching closer to a new socket, so I can see an end to my painful evenings. Tomorrow I have an appointment with my doctor to obtain a prescription for a new leg. Once I have the prescription in hand I can schedule my appointment to begin the casting process.

The fact that I have to go to the doctor to verify that I am still an amputee is mind boggling.  I'm frustrated that the system is so broken. Talk about a huge waste of time and money! Alas, that is a battle that continues to be fought. In the meantime, I'll go get my prescription so that I can finally receive a comfortable leg.

No comments:

Post a Comment