About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, October 11, 2021

Fun!

The weather wasn't ideal over the weekend, but I was able to escape for a few hours to have some fun with Timmy. We went to one of our favorite farms for a morning of swinging, sliding and exploring. After two hours the farm began to feel crowded so we left earlier than I originally anticipated. Despite our adventure being cut short, I left feeling both happy and energized.

I'm grateful that I am vaccinated and safer to be around crowds. I know that the vaccine does not mean that I am completely safe from the virus, but it does provide a layer of protection. Timmy is still vulnerable, so keeping him away from crowds is my priority. While I was bummed to leave the farm early, I also felt incredibly grateful that we are now able to enjoy some adventures. Hopefully life will return to normal sooner rather than later.

Sunday was busy with work and prepping for the week ahead. I've learned that investing a few hours of my weekend helps to mitigate much of the stress I feel at the beginning of the week. I wish I could log off completely and not worry about work during the weekend, but reducing stress is definitely worth sacrificing a few hours of my time.

Our week is going to be busy. Hopefully it will be a good one!








No comments:

Post a Comment