About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, December 20, 2021

Holidaze

 Our holiday weekend was relatively low key. Saturday was spent working and puttering around the house. Timmy and I baked cookies (when he wasn't playing with Friend) and Robby hung out with some friends in an online D&D game.

Yesterday we packed up the boys and headed to National Harbor to watch Holidaze by Cirque. Scott and I have wanted to see this Christmas themed show for several years and we were both excited to finally attend. Because of the threat of Covid, I purposely chose seats in the back corner of the balcony so that we would be away from the crowd. We could still see the show but we did not have to contend with theater neighbors. The plan worked perfectly!

While it wasn't the most awe-inspiring Cirque we have seen, we all enjoyed the show. Timmy seemed to be the most entranced, mesmerized by both the high wire act and the roller skating acrobat. I could see his little wheels turning as he watched the show, trying to figure out how to reenact the show. As soon as we got home he strapped on his roller skates, grabbed some fake snow balls and started practicing. My little guy is both determined and fearless. I know that those traits will take him to both great places and to the emergency room.

After tweaking my socket, I am walking with improved comfort. But until I return to the prosthetist today, I am hesitant to push my limits. Hopefully a socket reduction will fix the problem, and I'll be completely pain free and comfortable this afternoon.  I have a lot to do before Saturday!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment