About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, February 10, 2022

Mixed Blessing

It's a good thing that I had a restful weekend because this week has gone off the rails. I knew that I would be busy, but I completely underestimated the impact of my chaotic schedule. I'm exhausted! I wish I could relax and just watch Netflix, but today is only Thursday. Any plans for relaxing will have to wait another two days, because my schedule is not easing.

I find myself increasingly grateful that we have Friend. Not only is he a fantastic companion for Timmy, but he has become my walking buddy. Friend forces me to unplug a few times a day so that he can go for a long walk. His walks have become my time to decompress and relax.

All of the walking has had some surprising side effects. It is beneficial for my mental well-being as well as my physical health. I have shed 25 pounds since we brought Friend into our family, and it is all because of his walks.

Unfortunately, the mold for my leg was made before we met Friend. My super comfy new leg is now too big. Yesterday it slipped off during our walk and I nearly lost my balance. I was able to correct before I went down, but I know that I need a modification. Talk about frustrating! I finally received a new leg and merely 10 days later it no longer fits. 

Losing weight as an amputee is definitely a mixed blessing.


No comments:

Post a Comment