About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, April 11, 2022

Hives

The weekend was spent working and recovering. My cold lingers but I am feeling better than I did last week. I'm hoping that I will completely turn the corner today or tomorrow. It is officially Spring Break and being sick is not in my plans.

Unfortunately I'm not the only one to be feeling under the weather. Timmy woke up yesterday with his lower body covered in hives.  My poor little kiddo was a miserable itchy mess. True to form, we have absolutely no idea as to the cause of the hives.

I spent the day on the couch, working on my computer while Timmy laid next to me watching Spongebob and dosing on and off. Although I hated that he was sick, the quiet certainly afforded me the time to knock through several looming projects. Of course, I would have rather accomplished less and had a happy and energetic little boy by my side. 

I'm hoping that a day on Benadryl, itch cream and water worked some magic for Timmy. I made the most of the quiet, but I'm ready for the chaos to resume. I miss my little mischief maker!

No comments:

Post a Comment