About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Staying Cool

After a long afternoon of traveling (after a short morning of playing), we arrived home safely and relatively unscathed on Friday evening. Everybody was travel weary and hot by the time we pulled into our driveway. Vacations are wonderful, but coming home is always tiring!

I spent the weekend working and trying to chip my way through a mountain of laundry. Why did we pack so many clothes for a beach vacation? Next year I am going to limit everybody's wardrobe to two outfits. Not only will it make packing easier, but it will ensure that I'm not met with a week's worth of laundry when we return. 

When I wasn't working, I was hiding from the heat and trying to remain cool. Our area is in the midst of a nasty heatwave, forcing just about everybody inside. I'm happy to oblige with the pleas from the professionals to stay inside and to stay hydrated. I'm too old to deal with that type of heat (without a pool). Even little Friend is miserable outside.

Hopefully the temperatures will fall soon. In the meantime, you can find me in a loose fitting sundress, under our ceiling fan with a large glass of ice tea.  Stay cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment