About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, August 10, 2022

Hot Hot Hot

 Today Scott's students return to the classroom. After 7 days filled with meetings and prep, I know that he will be happier to have his teaching schedule resume. The teacher prep schedule that he has to endure every year, filled with seemingly endless meetings, is both exhausting and frustrating. After nearly three decades of teaching, the continuing education meetings have become redundant.

While Scott is busy meeting his students, the boys and I are staying cool inside. With the heat index of 110, it is too hot to do anything outside. Even Friend is miserable! Today is supposed to be the final day of this heat wave, so hopefully we will be able to have some fun outside this weekend. 

It is so hot that I'm having a difficult time maintaining the suspension on my leg. When I am outside (which I try to avoid at all costs right now), my leg quickly begins to sweat profusely. The sweat quickly pools within my liner, creating a slip n' slide between the liner and my leg. I have to walk deliberately and carefully in order to make sure I keep my leg attached.

I've spray down my leg with antiperspirant every morning, but it is not very helpful when the temperatures are this high. When it is over 100 degrees outside, there is little I can do to stop sweating. At this point, I just need to accept that walking in these temperatures is not safe for me. 

Stay cool and hydrated!

No comments:

Post a Comment