About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, August 12, 2022

Cool and Comfy

I woke up early to walk Friend (per my summer schedule) and I was almost knocked over by the brisk air when I opened the door. It has been so long since it has been cool and comfortable outside. Even Friend perked up when he walked outside. His little tail popped higher as he happily hopped through the yard. It was nice to feel the crisp air again. Of course, my walk would had been more enjoyable had it not been before my coffee at 5 AM but I won't complain.

According to the meteorologist, today starts the beginning of a streak of nice weather days. Finally! I'm looking forward to resuming my long walks with Friend. I did not appreciate how centering that time alone became for me. Being stuck inside and being kept away from our daily walks I have noticed I have become more irritable and grumpy. I have a feeling everybody will be happier when we are able to get outside again. 

While I'll be soaking up every moment outside, my sweet baby niece is packing up and heading to college. When did she get old enough for college?  Yikes! I can't believe that she is embarking on this wonderful stage of her life. I am excited for the adventures that await her. 

I wish she was excited, but at this point her overwhelming emotion is fear. She is almost paralyzed with anxiety and terror over moving away from home. I know that she is going to thrive, but she will need to push through the fear first. Please send her good thoughts and wishes for courage as she makes this big step.


No comments:

Post a Comment