About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, August 03, 2022

Welcome to the Lake

Scott may be back at work, but our summer vacation (well, the boys anyway) is still in full swing. Yesterday morning I packed up the kids and we headed to PA to get ready for another Aunt Peggy Cousin Crew Adventure. (After all, now it is tradition!) Per our rules, they did not know our destination or our plans. They had no idea where they were going for the week until I pulled into the driveway of our home away from home for the next few days.

Greetings from a lake house! We have done exciting adventures, educational adventures and beach adventures. I decided it was time we try a lake vacation. Instead of heading to a hotel, I rented an obnoxiously large lake house for the next few days so the kids can hang out and play. With seven bedrooms from which to choose, a fully stocked game room (complete with a pool table, shuffle board court and a pinball machine), a 15 person hot tub and large screen televisions everywhere, I don't think they even care about the lake.

The Crew came barreling into the house yesterday evening and tore through it like a new contestant on Big Brother. I heard nothing but squeals and exclamations from every corner of the house as they all scurried to check out new areas. Our days won't be as busy on this Adventure, but I don't think that will impact the fun or the memories. 

I wanted to include a photo of the food the teens picked for their trip. 





No comments:

Post a Comment