About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, August 05, 2022

Rafting

Yesterday afternoon the Cousin Crew and I battled the rapids on a whitewater rafting experience. I was delighted when I discovered the tour. Since the kids don't like to wake up early (part of the fun of the week is their staying up most of the night being goofy teens and eating a lot of junk food), I struggled to find something fun to do in this area that didn't start at dawn. When I found the afternoon whitewater tour touted as fun for the groups who "love to have fun but don't want the work of a regular experience," I thought it was designed for them! 

Almost as soon as our raft touched the water I realized that I overestimated their rafting prowess. I was the Captain, responsible for steering the vessel, yet I felt like I was trying to herd a crew of feral cats. Needless to say, the guide had to jump out of his kayak to dislodge our vessel from beached rocks and tree entanglements multiple times. I'm glad the rapids were only 1 and 2 class because anything stronger would have been dangerous for my lackluster crew.

The Cousin Crew didn't seem to care that we were lousy rafters. They were just as happy playing in the river with their water guns. Even Timmy was able to enjoy the fun so I am considering the adventure a success with the caveat that I never need to do it again with this Crew. 

Today we are checking out and heading to the largest slip n' slide in the world before returning to my Mom's. Tonight is Rock 'n Bowl, a Cousin Crew tradition to mark the close of our week-o-fun. It is hard to believe that we are already packing up to leave. It feels like we just arrived!


No comments:

Post a Comment