About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, November 10, 2022

New Fridge

 Tuesday ended up being quite eventful. In addition to voting and honoring my Dad on what would have been his 75th birthday, I was provided with the opportunity to hone my appliance repair skills. (Spoiler alert: they are very limited.)

I woke up on Tuesday and noticed that the creamer bottle felt warm when I grabbed it from the fridge. After checking, it was clear it froze up (again.) Since this isn't my first rodeo with a frozen refrigerator, I quickly cleared the shelf and positioned the hair dryer onto the fan in the back of the appliance. I drank my coffee while the hair dryer was running in the fridge, providing a good 30 minutes for the ice to fully melt.

I poured another mug of coffee, turned off the hair dryer and mopped up the mess. After I closed the refrigerator and taped it shut, I turned on the turbo cool button and walked away. I was confident that the issue had resolved, just as it had only a few weeks ago.

I checked the temperature later in the afternoon and became alarmed when I realized that it wasn't cooling quickly. After monitoring the temperature throughout the evening, it became clear that the appliance was broken beyond my defrosting abilities. After researching our options, we purchased a new refrigerator.

Yesterday our new refrigerator was delivered. Although it is always frustrating changing out a fridge, I love our new appliance. We weren't planning on having to change refrigerators, and while I'm frustrated with the situation, I am delighted with the result. I love my new fridge!

No comments:

Post a Comment