About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, November 08, 2022

Vote!

I have been dreading today for months. Am I the only person who is in anxious knots this Election Day? I'm already looking forward to tomorrow, then the hate filled candidate commercials are automatically replaced with ads selling coffee, candy and cookie dough mix. Holiday commercials are far more palatable to digest.

In addition to Election Day, I am also honoring what would have been my Dad's 75th birthday. Sigh. I miss him but today the loss feels especially profound. I am sure that I would have planned something memorable for his birthday.

I can't help but find my mind wandering, contemplating what life would be like for him if he had survived. One thing is certain- I know he would be so proud of all of his grandchildren. Happy Birthday Dad!

And don't forget to vote!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment