About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, January 11, 2023

Almost-Adult

My flashbacks have stopped and everybody has acclimated from vacation mode to the workday schedule. Life is returning to normal and, after a rather tumultuous and exhausting week, I'm delighted. Christmas vacation was extraordinarily long this year, causing everybody to teeter into their summertime schedule. The sleep battles last week were epic, leaving everybody battle weary and frazzled.

While the boys are busy with school I'm trudging through a massive project. Sometimes Robby meanders out of his room for a snack and we talk about the work that I'm doing. It is nice having an almost-adult to speak with during the day (when Scott is at work.) Sometimes I look at him and I'm astounded that he is nearly an adult. Wasn't he just starting kindergarten?

While I struggle to grasp Robby's maturity, I am amazed by Timmy's emerging interests. He has tapped into a new passion for art. Over the past few months, his bedroom has been transformed into an art studio/gallery. From copying the great masterpieces to his own compositions, he happily spends hours working at his art desk while singing Never Going to Give You Up by Rick Astley. (The scene is adorable!)


No comments:

Post a Comment