About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, January 13, 2023

Weekend

This is the final Friday before Robby returns to his enrichment classes and, while I am enjoying not spending my day in the car, I know he is counting down until his courses resume. He can't wait to return, to see his friends and to continue to plot world domination in his 3d history games. (I still don't understand the games, but I have accepted that he does and that he thoroughly enjoys every moment.)

Today's rain is going to be annoying enough to keep Friend and I inside for most of the morning and early afternoon. He is not a foul weather pup and is going to need to be forced to step his little paws onto the wet pavement. Looking on the bright side, I'll have an excuse for being a little more sedentary today. Friend has been ringing his little dog bell to go outside on an obnoxiously frequent basis. I've logged an average 14k steps each day this week because of my little Friend. 

This weekend Robby has a band performance, so Saturday will be spent cheering him on as he takes the stage. Timmy has new light-up skates and he has been begging to go back to the rink. After dedicating Saturday to Robby's activity, I have no doubt mom guilt will compel me to pack up the skates on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment