About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, January 26, 2023

Art Class

 While much of the Northeast experienced snow, yesterday we were greeted with a steady falling cold rain. The boys are disappointed at the lack of snowfall this year and I tend to agree with them. One or two big snowstorms are always fun assuming that we have both food and power. Hopefully February will bring more than rain. 

Despite the rain, yesterday was not a complete washout. Timmy started his new art class and, according to him, it was marvelous. I was proud of him because I know that walking into a room where you don't know anybody can feel overwhelming. He was nervous but excited as we walked into the studio. After quickly surveying the class, I could tell that he was disappointed that he was the only boy. 

The teacher, recognizing his observation, quickly reassured him that he was going to have a great time and that they were excited to have a male perspective in class. He stood a little taller, smoothed his Starry Night shirt and promptly told me I could leave. An hour later I picked him up and he was grinning from ear-to-ear.  

Yay for art class!



No comments:

Post a Comment