About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, January 24, 2023

Thank You

 I was apprehensive about sharing my unfortunate foray into public urination. I finally opted to share because, deep down, I suspected that I am not the only person who has experienced a bladder paralyzing UTI. Almost as soon as my story published I began receiving messages from friends and new readers, sharing their own experiences. It turns out that more of us are walking around with wet underpants than I realized, yet nobody wanted to admit it first.

Getting old stinks, and I suspect that this will not be the only time my body controls falter in public. Despite the embarrassment, it is nice to know that I am not alone.  Thank you for your support, and a huge thank you to everybody who took time to share your story with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment