About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, February 24, 2023

Friend is Sick

 I am still fighting my cold, but right now my runny nose is secondary to my main concern. I am worried about Friend. This little pup has wiggled his way deep into my heart and seeing him uncomfortable hurts.

 Earlier this week he suddenly stopped jumping up on furniture or walking up the stairs. We assumed that he pulled a muscle trying to catch a squirrel (his arch nemesis) and were hopeful that the issue would subside. He has been cautious about jumping all week, but yesterday he began to ascend the stairs independently.

I was delighted to see him walk up the stairs but he turn a concerning turn late in the evening when he began to pant uncontrollably. All while panting, he suddenly became agitated, paced around the house and whined.  His stomach became bloated and hard. I was able to calm him down and, once he relaxed, the panting and agitation waned. I think he had gas, but his reaction was concerning to say the least. 

I have tried to get him into the vet when the symptoms first showed earlier this week but they had no "sick day" appointments available until next Wednesday. Thankfully we have an appointment for his annual physical scheduled for Monday. Hopefully my little pup is on the mend, but I will continue to worry until the vet clears him.

No comments:

Post a Comment