About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, September 26, 2023

Boring

Scott had off work yesterday so I was able to off load some of my chauffeur duties for the day. It was nice to be able to work throughout the afternoon without interruptions knowing that Robby was being ferried to and from his activities. If this is a glimpse into retirement, I can definitely see the benefits.  Today he returns back to work so I will miss out on my helper. 

This morning we woke up to even more rain. Sigh. Our yard is now a muddy, hickory nut covered mess that even Friend is trying to avoid. Looking at the bright side (since there is certainly nothing bright in the sky), at least I have an ongoing excuse for staying inside and for keeping the pressure off of my leg. I wish I could just leash Friend and go for a long walk, but my leg won't allow it. With the continuing rain, I have a scapegoat for my avoidance.  

We don't have anything spectacular planned for today. The boys are in school and I have meetings throughout the afternoon. If everything remains boring I am going to take it as a win. I don't have the bandwidth to handle a crisis right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment