About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, September 29, 2023

Hooray!

 Hip hip hooray for Friday!

This has been a rough week. Work has been brutal and I feel like I have been pulled in a hundred different directions simultaneously. To add to the frustrations, I always feel a little off center whenever my schedule drastically changes, and this week was no exception. The boys had off school/work on Monday, leaving them with a three day weekend. Having them home on Monday completely messed up my routine and I have been trying to get back on track all week.

Today will be busy working and chauffeuring Robby to and from his classes. He adores his Friday classes which makes the nearly four hours I spend driving tolerable. This evening we will enjoy delivery before everybody will scatter to their own corners of the house for a few hours. Togetherness is great, but sometimes space is heaven sent. 

It is a good thing that my leg is healing because this weekend will be busy. On Saturday Robby and I are heading to a flea market to sell his FlexyFriends. On Sunday Scott and I will head to a different flea market. We are hoping to take full advantage of the leaf peepers who drive through the area on the way to Skyline Drive. With a government shutdown pending, we don't know how long the park will be open. 

We've been encouraged to return to sell in the autumn because of the leaf peepers. Fingers crossed the hype meets our reality!

No comments:

Post a Comment