About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, September 25, 2023

Weekend Wrap

 On Saturday we had a tropical storm roll through our area, dropping several inches of rain while casting dark skies throughout the day. It was miserable outside but it was exactly what I needed. I had the perfect excuse to keep my leg off and to relax throughout the day. I spent most of the day working quietly on the couch, watching movies and taking a very long nap. I kept my walking to a minimum and my leg was able to rest and heal.

Sunday I was busy because selling FlexyFriends at a local kid vendor event. Originally Robby was scheduled to sell but his band scheduled a performance for the same time. Undeterred, we decided to divide and conquer our obligations. Timmy worked the booth with me while Scott took Robby to his school. I felt badly that I missed his show but the strong sales certainly helped to temper my remorse. 

Although I was busy at the mall selling, I did not have to do a lot of walking. My leg, which was angry and red on Friday, is now flesh toned and feeling more comfortable. I won't say that it is completely healed, but it is definitely more comfortable and manageable. Hopefully I can keep it this way until I finally get a new socket.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment